The New Zealand Companion Animal Trust has 6 trustees who are each appointed by their respective founding organisations. These 6 trustees meet 4 times per year (or as required) to consider matters of importance regarding the funds raised by the NZCAR and to consider funding applications.
Current the NZCAT Trusteees are:
- Pieter Verhoek - representing NZVA
- Helen Beattie - representing NZVA CAV
- Brian Harris - representing NZ Kennel Club
- Zena Pigden - representing NZ Cat Fancy Inc
- Jan Thomson - representing RNZSPCA
- Arnja Dale (Chair) - representing NZCAC
The tenure of the trustees is at the discretion of their parent body.